MAES Bravo Awards 2013 winners will be recognized during the 39th Annual MAES Symposium in Houston, Texas on September 25-28, 2013. MAES continually seeks to acknowledge excellence among the best and brightest Latino engineers and scientists.
Houston, TX (August 23, 2013) MAES proudly announces its honorees for the MAES Bravo Awards 2013. These individuals will be recognized during the 39th Annual MAES Symposium in Houston, Texas on September 25-28, 2013. The awards will be presented on Friday, September 27, at the Medalla de Oro and Bravo Awards Gala Banquet to be held at the Hyatt Regency Houston.
The MAES Bravo Awards highlight the achievements of role models throughout the Pre-College to Professional Pipeline. By targeting each segment of the pipeline MAES is able to recognize excellence and inspire individuals at every level of career development and in any technical segment. This approach is unique in that it builds on the strengths of MAES Outreach Programs and is based on the philosophy that role models are needed in all phases of the career pipeline from kindergarten through executive.
MAES continually seeks to recognize excellence among the best and brightest Latino engineers and scientists. This year MAES had an unprecedented number of high quality candidates for the Bravo Awards. The 2013 MAES Bravo Award recipients are:
• Amigo de MAES Award – Jorge Haynes, Senior Director of External Relations, California State University, Office of Chancellor.
• Amigo de MAES Award – Alfredo Ramirez, Test Officer, US Army Test & Evaluation Command.
• Brillante Award, Corporate – Reinaldo Negron, Deputy System Architect, Lockheed Martin.
• Brillante Award, Government – Phillip Juarez, Head, Communications Division, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, Pacific.
• Comandante Award – MG Angela Salinas, Retired, US Marine Corps.
• Excelencia Award – Dr. Ellen Ochoa, Director, NASA – Johnson Space Center.
• Excelencia Award – Patricia Metcalf, Project Services Area Manager for USA, Europe, Caspian, Africa and SE Asia, ExxonMobil Development Company.
• Experto Tecnico – Dr. Sergio Torres, Fellow, Lockheed Martin/IS&GS-Civil.
• Outstanding MAEStro Award – John Santos, Teacher, Augustus Hawkins High School.
• Politico Award – Daniel Guerrero, Mayor of the City of San Marcos, TX.
• President’s Award – Liz Fogt, Owner, ef meetings.
• Partner of Excellence – US Marine Corps.
• Virtuoso Award – Mauricio Guadamuz, Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin Enterprise Operations.
• Gran Estudiante Award & Scholarship – TBA at the Medalla de Oro and Bravo Awards Gala Banquet.
• Medalla de Oro Awards – TBA at the Medalla de Oro and Bravo Awards Gala Banquet.
MAES was founded in Los Angeles in 1974 by a group of professional engineers to advance and increase the number of Latinos in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by creating opportunities and fostering recognition through its professional, technical, and outreach activities. The mission of MAES is to promote, cultivate, and honor excellence in education and leadership among Latino engineers and scientists. MAES is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.